Japanese government grant for the reduction of marine plastics at the Asian Institute of Technology is now available and will soon end.
- Type of the scholarship: Master’s degree by (Government of Japan)
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2020 (annual)
- Location of the Study: Thailand
- Course commencement: The course will commence in August 2020
Brief description of Japanese Government Grant
The Asian Institute of Technology is providing the Japanese Government Award for a period of one-year master’s program in Marine Plastic Abatement which is a new master’s program recently launched in AY 2020 (early August 2020).
The scholarship is designed to train a new generation of leaders and Asian environmental leaders from developing countries. Its aim is to tackle the problem of ocean plastic waste in advanced technologies and sound management practices. The award is funded by the Government of Japanese. Also, it is a unique medium.
Since the top 6 countries around the world that dump the most plastic debris in the ocean are in Asia, this scholarship is intended to allow young practitioners, social entrepreneurs, civil servants, and Asian professionals who are ready to play an important role in reducing plastics sailors.
It is indeed a key to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The scholarship from the Japanese government is aiming to support the “MARINE Initiative” which unveiled at the G20 Osaka summit in the last year, aimed to reduce additional pollution from marine plastic waste to zero by 2050.
- Scholarship Hosting institution(s): School of Environment, Resources, and Development (SERD), Asian Institute of Technology
- Filed or Level of study: Master in Marine Plastics Abatement
- The number of awards: Unspecified number
- Targeted group: Students from developing countries are the target group of the scholarship
Value/inclusions of Scholarships
This scholarship covers tuition fees and registration fees. It also provides a scholarship and housing allowances. Also, it covers medical insurance, the renewal fee for the visa, research grant, and returns air tickets from the country of origin.
The scholarship candidates must be nationals of developing countries who have already applied for the one-year master’s program in marine plastic abatement and who have met the AIT entry requirements for the master’s program. They must hold an undergraduate degree obtained during four years of study or an international equivalent.
The applicants must be fluent in English with the provision of evidence(s) from the following tests:
- AIT-EET: 6
- IELTS-Academic: 6 (written 6)
- TOEFL paper: 550 (written 59-61)
- TOEFL CBT: 213 (written 25-26)
- TOEFL IBT: 80 (written 21-23).
Check these bonus for more interesting scholarship application and updates:
- How To Apply For Japanese Government (MEXT) Master’s Degree Program
- How You Can Find Scholarships and Apply as Many as You Can
- Griffith University Postgraduate Excellence Scholarships 2020/2021 for International Students
- Top 8 Free Distance Learning Scholarships and Online Tuition Fees
Scholarship Application instructions
- The request must be made online before June 30, 2020.
- It is necessary to note that it’s very important to visit the official website (link below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
- Official scholarship website: the scholarship application official page can be visited through this link.