The University of Imam under the umbrella of Deanship of Admission and Registration announces date and procedures for the foreign transfer into the university for the academic year 1442 AH.
The application starts on Sunday 29/10/144 and will stop on Sunday 05/01/1442/AH for all the faculties except Sharia which will starts by 02/01/1442AH. The application for the transfer will be processed online via the school portal. The submission for the external transfer to Imam University could be made through here.
External Transfer Terms and Conditions
- The external transfer is only opened to any Saudi students or non-Saudis who come from a Saudi mother.
- The applicant must be applied for any program in the undergraduate stage only. Master or doctoral is not available for the transfer at the moment.
- The student must agree with the terms and conditions for admission to the department in which he wishes to transfer to.
- The weighted ratio of the applicant must not be less than (75%) for theoretical department applicants (capabilities 40%, secondary 60%), departments of scientific ( capabilities 30%, achievement 30%, and secondary 40%).
- The candidate’s average score must not be less than (2.75) out of (5.0), or not less than (1.75) out of (4.0) at the bachelor’s level.
- He or she must not have exceeded half of the university’s graduation requirements.
- The applicant must not have been previously disconnected academically or disciplined.
- He or she must ensure that the transfer is made to a corresponding department at the University of Imam.
- The candidate must be transferred from any public university, not a private.
- Priority will be given to requests for the transfer from outside the city of Riyadh. This should be done after presenting proof that shows the family has moved to the city of Riyadh.
- A transfer from any community college or diploma stage is not permitted.
- The application for the transfer is referred to as the relevant college at the university to tender the final approval after checking the controls. In the event of non-approval, the application is not referred to other colleges.
Imam University Colleges Conditions
- The transfer is not accepted for medical school
- The movement to the departments of the College of Engineering as well as the College of Computer and Information Sciences is allowed for only those who have completed at least one semester in the college’s major.
- The required documents are to be uploaded in a high-resolution electronic format.
- The Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences stipulates that the overall secondary school average score should not be less than (90%) for the scientific, while the degree of measurement (achievement or capabilities) should not be less than 70%.
- The applicant must ensure that the preparatory program (scientific or administrative pathway) should pass at a cumulative rate of nothing less than (3.75 out of 5.0).
- For those who want to be transferred to the language and translation college, they must submit the STEP which must be at least (55%).
- Be informed that the initial acceptance of the transfer application does not mean the final approval of the transfer.
- Any request that does not meet all the above transfer conditions, or whose owners have not been reviewed within the specified period after final approval won’t be included.
- Admission to Imam Malik International Academy of Sciences is Opened for the Next Academy Session
- Top 14 Scholarships Available for International Students in the US
- How To Find Scholarships and Apply as many as Possible
Required documents for the transfer
- A copy of the high school certificate.
- The original academic transcripts or records.
- A transfer from or transfer letter from the university in which he or she is transferred.
- The description of the courses taught at the other university should be clearly stated and uploaded.
- Evidence shows the family’s movement to Riyadh.
- An original identity card (for Saudis) or residency permit (for non-Saudis from a Saudi mother).
- Uploading of a copy of the certificate of birth (for non-Saudis from a Saudi mother).